I can now say undergrad

 

I write this in the quiet following submitting the last assignment due for this first half of the first term of grad school. As the semester went on, I slowly developed systems for how I would go about managing my time and executing my work. Overall, it was not difficult, but I did have my struggles. One of the classes had at its final project the design and execution of a website. I decided to take the opportunity to challenge myself to update my online footprint. Someday, I hope this blog will link from my invention.

And I think that is a microcosm of how things have gone so far. I have experienced non trivial gratification with growing and learning and failing. It felt good to be in a classroom again, putting thoughts and words together and interacting with new content. The degree should give me the ability to teach in a college classroom, but also pursue private sector writing, and I even found a way to indulge in some creative writing as well. It will be years from now when I finish, but I thought it was important to mark the occasion of my taking my first steps.

There’s also this:

“I really like the overall design and visual presence of your website. The sky theme you chose for the background gives the site an appealing and inviting look. Your website is also nicely organized and very interactive, which makes it easy to navigate. I especially like that clicking on your name takes you back to the home page. Another feature I like is that the book links take visitors directly to Amazon, making it convenient for people to order your books.

“As an English 1102 instructor, I may consider using some of your short stories and poetry in my class next semester. If I decide to use them, I will be sure to leave feedback. Overall, I enjoyed exploring your website and learning more about your work.”

Always nice when the surprises are pleasant.

Lots of things are coinciding, and I can even imagine a world where they intertwine well. The audio production of book3 is coming along, albeit with some hurdles. I have maintained that I am more for quality than speed, and the hope is that the delays will result in a superior product. After that I have promised myself to begin a crowdfunding campaign to pay for the audio production of the rest of the books along with the final cover design (I have not ruled out future school work giving me ideas for that, either).



The final version for book 7 is also nearing completion. I just have to finish wrestling with the publishing interface. I just have to find the time to sit down to finish wrestling with the publishing interface. Building out the website required I make some determinations on what I call “works in progress” so that was nice to think about what I would finally be able to do next.

So I guess I’m looking forward to look forward. Hopefully the robot uprising is a few more decades out, yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ricardo Montalban will beat you up

The yolk of suppose

Small. Journeys